Tuesday, 24 August 2021
Monday, 10 August 2020
I’ve been paying close attention to the behaviour of my fish recently and they certainly appear to be spawning. According to the information I received, fish require something soft to lay eggs on. You can find a number of specialised nests in aquatic shops, but I’ve heard an idea of using a mop head instead. All being well, this isn’t a joke but a legitimate suggestion. If not, I am sure the fish will find some other use for it.
Today I’ve been busy in councillor mode working on a complaint file on behalf of a parishioner. The complaint is complex, but I enjoy the challenge and I will ensure that with the support of my team we will give the complainant the best possible chance of winning.
For the last few weeks, I’ve been busy working on the garden and planting flowers, fruit trees and shrubs. The garden is looking far more colourful than any of the previous years and now I’ve been here for 7 years. My garden definitely benefited from lockdown restrictions.
Luckily, garden centres remained open for most of the time during the Covid-19 pandemic as visiting them is a therapeutic experience.
Tuesday, 25 February 2020
Following the success of the Winstanley Ward Walkabouts (Braunstone Town) yesterday I repeated the exercise in Leicester Forest East today. I met with lots of people. It's a pleasure to serve the parishioners and businesses of Leicester Forest East and Braunstone Town. If I can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me or a member of my support team...Best wishes. Councillor David Di Palma
Expressing the personal views of David Di Palma unless stated otherwise.
Sunday, 16 February 2020
- I neither seek nor need your attention.
- I don’t need anything from you.
- I don’t need you to feel sorry for me.
- I don’t need you to motivate me, i’m a self-motivator.
- There is no need to be critical of me or my circumstances, there is no need to be critical because I critique myself daily, no one could be more critical of me than me.
- If you don’t like my posts for whatever reason scroll on by, there is no need to comment & no need to be; unpleasant or abusive.
- I do want to raise awareness of the physical and mental challenges faced on a daily basis living with a brain injury disability & other neurological conditions
- I do want to promote the work I am doing on behalf of the parishioners, businesses and stakeholders of; Braunstone town, Leicester Forest East & the wider demographic area in my role as a democratically elected Independent Councillor.
- I Do want to raise awareness of all forms of; abuse, hostility and prejudices; to encourage survivors to speak and to seek the support that they may need.
Following the successful book launch this week the orders continue to come in. David, supported by his PA heads to the Post Office to despat...
Today I was struggling with trying to ascertain what kind of weekend David had as he forgets!! That’s what David does! He has major proble...
Weekly review Friday 10.07.2020 Lockdown Part 2, Leicester, Day 10 Just as there was a glimmer of hope that life can return to a degree ...